College Access Centers
Who We Are
The College Place works to help people of all ages pursue opportunities for undergraduate education beyond high school. We provide information, assistance, and encouragement to help individuals achieve their education goals.
The College Place has college access centers in seven locations: one in Minnesota, one in California, one in Colorado, one in Connecticut, one in Oregon and two in Virginia. Our services are free and available to students and parents nationwide.
What We Do
- Promote the benefits of higher education
- Encourage and support individuals in pursuing their education goals
- Assist and respond to questions, issues, and concerns regarding higher education
- Provide information as it relates to admissions, enrollment, and financial aid
- Make use of available technology to help prospective students plan for college
What We Offer
- Individual assistance completing applications for admission, financial aid, and scholarships
- An information resource library with access to print and electronic college-related materials
- Internet access for researching educational information and scholarship opportunities
- Assistance developing educational plans
- Participation at college fairs, community events, and other area awareness activities
- One-on-one mentoring: in person, on the telephone, or via email
- Small group workshops on topics of interest
- Encouragement, support, and accountability
Students, to receive targeted and timely information from your local TCP, click here.